Some of you may have experienced trouble when entering an expired code into the game. When it offered to update it for your automatically, this would always fail, ever since I released Midnight Mansion HD. Well, today I discovered the problem. I had modified the Code Update form on the ActionSoft web site so it displayed a nicely-formatted name and code. I did this a few months ago. What I didn’t realize, however, was that this new formatting goofed up the in-game code update.
I fixed that today, and in-game code updates now work smoothly again. You can thank the Windows development for this discovery. I found this problem while working on some finishing touches of the Windows port of Midnight Mansion.
Speaking of which, the Windows port is coming along really, really quickly. I expected it would take several months — turns out I ought to be finished next week! That is, ready for public beta testing, at least. I can’t believe it has gone this quickly!